Opportunity: Bus Driver Trainer
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Schedule: 4 days on, 4 days off, split shifts
Job Location: Syncrude Mildred Lake
Report to: Transportation Manager
About Fort McKay Alcor:
As a locally Aboriginally owned and operated skilled-trades and site transportation company, Fort McKay Alcor employs an outstanding team of over 300 qualified personal. Fort McKay Alcor has big-company capabilities and capacity combined with a passionate, friendly team. We work together to deliver quality services that range from Facilities Management and Maintenance to special projects and Transportation.
Our fearless leaders are forever searching for our next big adventure and we are looking for energized individuals who are excited to join the ride with our Transportation department.
Fort McKay Alcor is searching for two experienced and responsible individuals to take on our full-time bus driver trainer position. As FMA’s next bus driver trainer you will play a pivotal role in the success of our team. From creating a welcoming environment to ensuring prolonged education, mentoring and support of each team member. This role requires a professional positive attitude as you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with FMA and client site procedures and policies, as well as, a general enforcement of occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. Your main objective is to ensure a professional and safe environment for all drivers to transport passengers.
Duties will include:
- Assist in the development of a driver training program to ensure consistency amongst all drivers
- Training drivers on routes, pre & post inspections forms, start & stop times, trip tickets, GPS times, passenger counts, time tracking and any other ad hoc duties that may be required
- Evaluating drivers
- Audits of route knowledge, paperwork etc.
- Assist with onboarding/orientations of new drivers
- Provide occasional administrative support to the Transportation Coordinators
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a professional driver trainer, preference will be given to candidates with bus driver training experience
- Defensive driving course certificate or professional driver improvement course is considered an asset
- Valid Class 2 Driver’s License with clean abstract required
- Experience as a driver or dispatcher is considered an asset
- Knowledge of provincial and national HSE regulations is considered an asset
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Must be comfortable operating a 2-way radio systems
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is required
- Must be able to communicate professionally via phone and text
- CSTS-09 & OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO or CSO Training certificates required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Fort McKay Alcor – Your Local & Aboriginal Site Services Solution