Opportunity: Stationary overhead crane
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hours per day
Housing: Camp accommodations are provided
Travel: Flights to and from Calgary and Edmonton
Job Location: Suncor Fort Hills
Report to: Operations Site Manager
The successful candidates will be passionate about providing overhead crane maintenance support. They will inspect, maintain and troubleshoot overhead cranes and associated equipment. Establishing an in depth understanding of the site safety and technical standard required to complete the work will be a main priority. The Technician will work hands on and use critical thinking to solve issues. Technicians typically work from scaffolds, ladders, platforms or lift equipment at heights of 3 to 33 meters.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10000 verifiable hours prior experience with OH cranes for inspection
- Minimum of 8000 verifiable hours prior experience with OH cranes for repairs and maintenance
- Journeyman Electrician with motor control experience, crane experience will be an advantage (3rd and 4th year apprentices will also be considered)
- Experience troubleshooting 600vac 3 phase motor control systems
- OSSA accredited Fall protection and Arial Work Platform
- Supply standard personal tools and meters related to the work
- Associate’s degree in Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical field, technical diploma or related field, or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience
- At least one year of experience of electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must have CSTS-09 & OSSA regional training certificates or OSSA BSO.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in the Fort McMurray Oil Sands region
- A background in construction/maintenance trades is required
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, communicate openly and clearly both verbally and written and must be proactive with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated a work history of safety related practices and abide by the law within the Alberta OH&S.
Fort McKay Alcor – Your Local & Aboriginal Site Services Solution