Opportunity: Projects Supervisor
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off, 12 hours per day
Job Location: Various Fort McMurray oil sites as required
Report to: Ownership
The Project Supervisor acts as a leader, strategist, and a steward of the activities of a construction unit. As a leader, supervision is exercised over operations and/or administrative support personnel. The project supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling and directing the activities of a construction unit composed of skilled, unskilled, and multi-discipline personnel involved in multiple, simultaneous projects. Work is performed with considerable independence of action and latitude for decision making within program and policy guidelines.
- Direct the production process, including acquisition, schedule development, proposal writing, creation of construction projects, and contract negotiations;
- Receive and critically review work orders, preliminary plans, and proposals to determine feasibility/advisability
- Ensures safety and quality assurance programs are observed. Maintains detailed activity records and prepares reports
- Develop and implement short and medium range operational plans, goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Human Resource Management
- Supervise and train foremen, trade employees, administrative support, and key personnel; Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution
- Evaluate performance and making recommendations for personnel actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring, promotions, disciplinary actions, merit increases, etc
- Perform evaluations of employee performance
- Operations Management
- Visit and inspect job sites to determine project specifics.
- Coordinate construction activities, including scheduling manpower and equipment requirements;
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; effect changes required for improvement
- Financial/Risk Management
- Audits progress of on-going projects, keeps upper-level management informed of project status and any special concerns, and ensures adherence to approved plans and specifications
- Assists in the management of the corporate unit by preparing budget documents/estimates, monitoring expenditures, developing long range plans and schedules, and formulating standard procedures within the corporate policy framework
- Ensure compliance with corporate group policies and mandates of local, provincial, and federal agencies
- Maintain fluency in construction safety and quality assurance requirements
- Stakeholder Relations
- Liaise with clients by attending progress and bid clarification meetings, safety meetings, etc.
- Discusses projects with requesting party, private contractors, and administrative officials.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must have CSTS-09 & OSSA regional training certificates.
- Must have WHMIS 2015.
- Preference will be given to those to have valid OSSA permit training, Leadership for Safety Excellence, OHS Legislative Awareness, Managing Worksite Investigations, ICAB,
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, will be safety conscious, self-motivated, reliable, flexible and proactive with the ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Being professional, organized and a strong leader is a must have a good knowledge of MS office suites.
Fort McKay Alcor – Your Local & Aboriginal Site Services Solution